Thursday, March 29, 2018

Ever since I was a little kid, I have always found it kind of exciting to see someone perform the very corny, but somewhat awesome "Primal Chest Pound".

The "Primal Chest Pound" is a literary trope, in which a character or a person beat his or her chest, in the same way that a gorilla or Tarzan would do it. Sometimes it is accompanied by a loud yell, or sometimes, and sometimes the character performing it also grunts like a gorilla. But there are also occasions when there is no yelling or grunting involved, only the chest beating itself.

Chest beating is often used to display a character as primal, and not fully evolved, but it can also be used as a way for a character to display themselves as tough and mighty, or as a way of celebration over a big accomplishment. It can be used for comic relief, but it can also be used as a way of setting a serious tone for the story.

Chest beating is most often performed by male characters, while female characters are kind of underplayed in this trope. And I find that truly sad.

In my older years now, though, I can feel a very strong sexual appeal in chest beating, particularly if the character performing it is a girl. It has somewhat become… My fetish. A "Tarzan Fetish", if you like?!

In this blog, you'll be able to find documentations on television episodes, movies, comic books, or any other form of visual media, where this trope has been used. Not only will you be able to find information on the actual scenes, but also screenshots of the characters in question, from when they are performing it.

I might also through in a few personal comments on the scenes in question… Because, after all, I am a very big mouthed critic.

So, if you like watching chest beating as much as I do, then you've come to the right place.

2 comments:

  1. https://adamry.deviantart.com/art/The-Fantasia-Book-Tarzan-Yell-392834219

    ReplyDelete
  2. My character Basalt (who is Tezuka character Magma's new sidekick) can chest beat like Tarzan too! My other character Kappa (who is Segar character Alice the Goon's son) can also do this.

    ReplyDelete